Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wings Part Two

Okay, this isn't really part two. I've lost all the photos that showed my wings being made. I didn't even go with any of my first deigns. I instead decided I wanted crescent moon wings for my moon faerie. Unfortunatly, I don't even have a photo of them put together. To store them from one faire season to the next I took them back apart and hung them on my wall. Here's a shot of them hanging on my wall.



I'll just have to make a new pair of wings in the future and show my process then.

The outer ring is several strands of the heavier wire wrapped together and then tapped over with a purple electric tape. The inner curve is a bit lighter of a wire and is in a purple color already. Then the spokes of the moons are beads on purple jewelry wire. Each bead is wrapped in the wire to keep it from sliding around. The purples are three different colors, but they all work well together anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment